Monday, June 7, 2010

Turn on the Tele!


The television is one of the greatest technological mediums that has ever been invented. People are able to receive communications right from their very own home, through this box that sits on a stand in their living room.

The television itself has evolved over time, as well as the types of messages that are being communicated through it. What started as pure black and white and two channels has now become not only color, but High Definition, 500 channels and TiVo. Advertisements have gone from clean and wholesome to the current "Carl's Junior" ads that don't leave much to the imagination.

While I do believe advertising on television is still one of the greatest mediums out there, you do run a large risk due to... TiVo. People aren't watching "live" TV anymore. I am one of those people. If there's something I really want to watch, I'll record it so that I don't have to watch commercials. So, if there are people like me out there, there's a lot of advertisers who aren't getting their message out there.

Conclusion? TV, good. Don't see it going out of style any time soon.

1 comment:

  1. Your website looks great. You give enough personal detail but don't focus on "you." Your target audience is your class and your postings reflect that. They are on point with good sources. I like your web design. I am a complete novice on blogging and hesitate giving out any personal information and pictures so I think what you are providing is great. If I could recommend anything it would be telling your audience what the purpose of your website is. (I haven't done it either) What is it that you want to tell everyone to make them react? For me it would be why to complete your degree in communications. Just a thought. Your blog is very professional looking. Great Job!

    ReplyDelete